News by “M.SHEHARYAR“
nobody knew that the real storm was yet to come. The storm named Mohammed Siraj swept through Sri Lankan batters as he clinched 6 wickets in 7 overs. Hardik Pandya took 3 crucial wickets and Sri Lankan team is all out on just 50 runs.
India won the 2023 Asia Cup final against Sri Lanka;
India won the 2023 Asia Cup final against Sri Lanka by 10 wickets. India bowled out Sri Lanka for 50 in 15.2 overs, which is the lowest score in an Asia Cup final. India then chased down the target in 8.3 overs, with Shreyas Iyer top-scoring with 26 runs.
This was India’s 8th Asia Cup title, and their first since 2018. It was also a fitting end to a dominant tournament for India, who had won all of their matches in the group stage and the Super Four stage.
Sri Lanka, on the other hand, will be disappointed with their performance in the final. They had been in good form throughout the tournament, but they were simply outplayed by India on the day of the final.
Here is a brief summary of the 2023 Asia Cup final:
- Toss: India won the toss and elected to field.
- Sri Lanka batting: Sri Lanka were bowled out for 50 in 15.2 overs. Wanindu Hasaranga was the top scorer with 10 runs. Jasprit Bumrah was the pick of the Indian bowlers with 3 wickets.
- India batting: India chased down the target in 8.3 overs. Shreyas Iyer was the top scorer with 26 runs.
The 2023 Asia Cup was a successful tournament for India. They played some excellent cricket throughout the tournament, and they deserved to win the title. Sri Lanka, on the other hand, will be disappointed with their performance in the final, but they will be looking to bounce back in the future.
lowest score in an Asia Cup final
the lowest score in an Asia Cup final is 50 by Sri Lanka against India in the 2023 final. Sri Lanka was bowled out for 50 in 15.2 overs by India, who won the match by 10 wickets and lifted their 8th Asia Cup title. The previous lowest score in an Asia Cup final was 98 by Bangladesh against India in the 2018 final. India won that match by 8 wickets as well.
Here is a list of the lowest scores in Asia Cup finals:
- 50 by Sri Lanka against India in 2023
- 98 by Bangladesh against India in 2018
- 116 by Sri Lanka against Pakistan in 2014
- 123 by India against Bangladesh in 2016
- 125 by Sri Lanka against India in 2010
Matches India won with Sri Lanka
India has won 97 out of 166 matches against Sri Lanka in One Day Internationals (ODIs). This is the most number of matches that India has won against any team in ODIs.
India and Sri Lanka have a long and storied rivalry in cricket, and they have played some of the most memorable matches in the history of the sport. Some of the most notable matches between the two teams include:
- The 1996 Cricket World Cup final, where India defeated Sri Lanka by 7 wickets to win their second World Cup title.
- The 2002 Champions Trophy final, where Sri Lanka defeated India by 2 wickets to win their first major ICC title.
- The 2011 Cricket World Cup semi-final, where India defeated Sri Lanka by 6 wickets to qualify for the final.
- The 2014 Asia Cup final, where Sri Lanka defeated India by 6 wickets to win their fifth Asia Cup title.
- The 2023 Asia Cup final, where India defeated Sri Lanka by 10 wickets to win their eighth Asia Cup title.
The rivalry between India and Sri Lanka is one of the most passionate in cricket, and the matches between the two teams are always highly anticipated. The two teams are evenly matched, and the matches are always close and competitive.
Who won most matches India vs Sri Lanka?
India has won the most matches against Sri Lanka in international cricket, with a winning record in all three formats of the game:
- Test cricket: India has won 22 matches, Sri Lanka has won 7 matches, and 17 matches have been drawn.
- One-Day Internationals (ODIs): India has won 97 matches, Sri Lanka has won 57 matches, and 11 matches have ended without a result.
- Twenty20 Internationals (T20Is): India has won 13 matches, Sri Lanka has won 10 matches, and 1 match has ended in a tie.
Overall, India has won 132 matches against Sri Lanka, while Sri Lanka has won 74 matches. 29 matches have ended in a draw or without a result.
India’s dominance over Sri Lanka is evident in the fact that they have won more matches than Sri Lanka in all three formats of the game. India has also won more ODI series against Sri Lanka than vice versa.
However, it is important to note that Sri Lanka has also beaten India on many occasions, and they have a good record against India in certain conditions. For example, Sri Lanka has won more Test matches against India in Sri Lanka than India has won in Test matches against Sri Lanka in India.
The rivalry between India and Sri Lanka is one of the most intense in cricket, and the matches between the two teams are always highly anticipated.
- India’s bowling performance was clinical. They dismissed Sri Lanka for the lowest score in an Asia Cup final, and they did so in just 15.2 overs.
- Iyer’s batting performance was aggressive and decisive. He scored 26 runs in just 18 balls, and he helped India chase down the target in quick time.
- The match was a one-sided affair, but it was still a memorable occasion. It was the first time that India and Sri Lanka had met in an Asia Cup final since 2014, and it was a fitting end to a successful tournament for both teams.
Overall, the Asia Cup 2023 final was a dominant performance by India. They outplayed Sri Lanka in all departments of the game, and india won the match by a comfortable margin.